The London Borough of Barking and Dagenham are currently inviting landowners, members of the public and prospective developers to put forward any sites that they think have potential for housing, commercial or community development. The deadline for submissions is Friday 17 May 2019.
LBBD Call for Sites – what it means for developers and landowners
The current Call for Sites forms part of LB Barking and Dagenham’s preparation for a new Local Plan, which will set out the future of planning in the borough from 2019 to 2034. The Local Plan will include targets for the number of homes and jobs to be delivered and will seek to reflect the borough’s untapped potential for growth.
All sites put forward as part of this consultation will be assessed by the Council with a view to identifying appropriate sites to be allocated for development. Whilst submission of a site through the Call for Sites exercise does not guarantee designation, it could be the first step towards securing a favourable planning solution and could significantly increase the value of your site.
Each site submitted will be assessed against the Council’s site selection process and requirements include:
- A total site area or remaining developable area of more than 0.25ha;
- Anything smaller needs to show potential to deliver things like critical infrastructure or provide a mix of relevant and necessary uses which would not necessarily be approved through other planning policies;
- Sites submitted must be deliverable within the Plan period.
How we can help you promote your development site
We regularly promote land as potential strategic development sites on behalf of landowners and developers and offer a variety of services and packages. We can provide consultancy services, but also a fully funded solution via our sister company, Context.
Our expert mapping team have already identified areas that are constrained (coloured orange on the above image). If you own a site outside of these restricted areas, then there is every chance of a successful allocation.
Further ways in which we add value include:
- we can help you to understand if your site meets the necessary requirements;
- using bespoke GIS mapping systems to undertake site specific analysis which will help to highlight the opportunities and constraints of your site or potential sites;
- assessing the credentials of your site in line with local policy and established national policy;
- coordinating your promotion efforts to make sure that the Council is provided with persuasive documentation about your site.
If you feel that you may have land suitable for housing or employment development in Barking and Dagenham and would like expert advice on the best way to promote your site through the LBBD Call for Sites consultation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ways in which we could assist. Alternatively, you can submit your site via our Landmark Form. We value your privacy and any information which you provide will not be shared outside of our company and will only be used in relation to your enquiry.
Read more about LB Barking & Dagenham’s Local Plan review here.
IMAGE SOURCE: Plainview Planning 2019