Our recent planning approval for a fuel depot at Swaffham is an example of some of the more niche planning applications we assist with, here at Plainview Planning.
Our client, an established domestic and commercial fuel distributor, sought to establish a depot to provide a domestic oil delivery service to facilitate the heating of those more rural homes situated far away from mains gas supply.
The proposed site was located on undeveloped land, close to an existing industrial estate and business park and the Plainview Team provided full planning consultant support with a planning application.
Adding value by analysing site context:
We prepared a robust application which identified the many benefits such a proposal would bring, including:
- How the proposal would respond to local need – providing the necessary fuel to the more remote local areas to ensure basic necessities such as heating and hot water can be met, especially in the winter months;
- Evidenced how this scheme would be a significant investment to the area both economically and socially;
- Successfully identified how the scheme will regenerate an underused site, which had failed to evolve into anything for over 10 years, for the benefit of the local community.
- Evidenced how the development would fit into the local character and would not impact the streetscene.
We were delighted that planning permission was granted for the fuel depot, as we strongly believed that this was a sustainable development, with a strong social function, due to the rural characteristics of the local area.
We provided full planning consultancy support for the creation of the fuel distribution depot and associated works. We thoroughly enjoyed working closely with our client on this refreshingly different project.
Previous examples of our more niche projects include:
- A 791 bed student village (see here)
- Planning approval for a cookery school (read here)
- A live work scheme for an art collective in Stroud (read more here)
- Many change of use schemes for gyms and fitness centres, from a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym to most recently, a specialist indoor cycling training centre (read more here)
- Various health clinics and travel clinics (see more here)
- And we are currently working on a ‘handmade house’ a very exciting Paragraph 55 scheme in Horsham.
If you have a niche planning scheme in mind then contact our team of planning consultants via email@example.com to see how we can best help you.
IMAGE SOURCE: Kent Griffiths Design (2017)