Below is a list of Local Authorities that do not have a post-NPPF Local Plan in place. There are some 238 in this position.
During 2018 these Local Authorities will very likely either be:
(1) undertaking public consultation on their new Local Plan; or
(2) their Local Plan will be under Examination in Public by the Planning Inspectorate.
What this means for you:
If you are a developer, landowner or business owner in these Local Authority areas it would be prudent to get involved in the consultations and/or examination process as quickly as possible.
There is genuine scope to influence policy with timely, strategic and robust representations.
The team at Plainview Planning are very experienced in this field and examples of the types of positive Local Plan representations we have made in the past include:
- Requests for a site to be allocated for housing development;
- Suggesting that out-of-town retail policies be relaxed;
- Suggesting greater flexibility on barn conversion polices; and
- Recommending that student accommodation be specifically supported.
If you have land you think may be suitable for development, or a development project that could benefit from professional representation, please feel free to make contact with the team at Plainview Planning to see how you can most effectively engage with and influence your Local Plan, via: email@example.com